Serves: 4 – about ⅔ of a cup
- 2 cups chickpeas, well rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple sugar flakes
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp each pink sea salt and ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl mixing well.
- Spread chickpeas on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven, roasting for 20 to 25 minutes; toss mixture about halfway through.
- When chickpeas are dark brown in spots, remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.