THIS EASY RECIPE NOT ONLY TASTES DELICIOUS BUT WILL KEEP YOUR SUGAR LEVELS IN CHECK. ALSO A GREAT ONE TO MAKE WITH THE KIDS, THEY’LL LOVE THEM!
- 1 ¼ cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple flavored syrup (sugar free)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Jam of choice (try find one with as little sugar as possible)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) and lightly oil large flat baking tray.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add flour and combine all ingredients well.
- Roll mixture into individual balls about 3cm wide and place on baking tray making sure there is space between each.
- Press down on each ball to make a little hole. (use tsp measuring spoon, or thumb, I used a marble which worked perfectly)
- Spoon small amounts of jam into each hole of the biscuit to only just fill, about ½ tsp
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
Note: Store in a cool dry place for 3-4 days.
Makes approximately 20